Anchor Premier League Rules
Anchor Premier League:
|Matches / Team||Minimum 5|
|Team Roster of||18-20 Players|
|Batting||Best 11 to Bat|
|Bowling||Best 11 to Bowl and 11 to Field|
|Power Play Overs||Over No.1 to 6|
|Time for Each Match||180 Minutes (85-90 Minutes/ Innings)|
|Break Between Inns||7-10 Minutes|
|Break Between Match||15 Minutes|
|Batting||Both the innings will be played from the same end.|
|Umpire||2 On Field Umpires|
|Live Scoring||On the Sportobuddy App with Live Video|
League Rounds >> Qualifier >> Semi-Finals >> Finals
|Total Number of Matches||68|
|Total Overs / Innings||20|
|Selection Criteria for Qualifiers||Top 2 teams from each groups|
|Selection Criteria for Semi Finals||Winners of Q/F matches.|
League Match Points
|Bonus Point||1 Point (Any team winning by the difference of 50 runs will get Bonus Point/Points)|
|Bonus Point||If a team chases the total within 15 overs, they get a Bonus Point.
If a team wins with a difference of 50 runs, they get a Bonus Point.
|No Ball||1 Runs + Free Hit|
|Wide Ball||1 Runs|
|Total Batsmen||Best 11 to Bat|
|Total Bowlers||Best 11 to Bowl & Field. Maximum 4 overs per bowler.|
|Anchor Batting Over||This is a Batsman’s Anchor Over and must be bowled between 1st - 10th over. If not , by default the 10th over will be treated as Anchor Over 1. It will be decided by the batting team. In this Anchor Over 1, the runs scored will be doubled including extras. The Batting Team can decide to take Anchor Over 1 after the bowler is assigned the over. Bowler cannot be changed if the batting team decides that as the Anchor Over 1.|
|Anchor Bowling Over||This is a Bowlers Anchor Over and must be bowled between 11th – 15th Over. If not taken, by default 15th over will be treated as Anchor Over 2. Anchor over 2 will be decided by the fielding team. If a wicket falls in this over 8 runs will be deducted from the batting team total. Bowler will be chosen by the bowling team captain. (P. S. Any Bowlers can bowl only 4 overs in a match)|
- 20 overs of each innings must be completed within 85-90 minutes, 10 minutes allocated for change over between each innings
- One new ball shall be used at the start of each innings.
- Sportobuddy will be continuously be in touch with the umpires to make sure the innings are completed within 85/90 minutes for each innings. The decision of whether the team has caused the delay or not will be decided solely by the umpires present on the field
- In case of slow over rate the team will lose the equivalent number of overs during their batting. Umpires will take a final call on whether there was any interference by the batting team which caused the bowling team to delay their completion of 20 overs.
- A team can only play if there are minimum 9 players available on the ground. If there are less than 9 players than the opposite team will win the match by walk over and will gain points with bonus and the other team will lose one point from their tally
- The ball shall be bowled from each end alternately in overs of 6 balls.
- For a Dead Ball / Wide / No Ball the bowler will have to bowl an extra delivery which is a valid delivery.
- A Bowler can bowl a maximum of 4 overs per match.
- At the instant of a delivery, there may not be more than 5 fieldsmen on the legside. Not more than 2 fielders behind the popping crease on the leg side
- For the first 6 Overs of Powerplay, only two fielders are permitted to be outside the field restriction marking at the instant of delivery.
- For the remaining overs, minimum 4 fielders must be inside the field restriction area (this does not include the wicketkeeper & bowler)
- In case of teams having same number of points after league games, the teams with better net runrate will qualify for next round.
- In the event of an infringement of above mentioned field restriction rules, the umpire shall call and signal No Ball.
- Any team not present on the match day and gives a walk over to the opposite team will lose 1 point from its winning points. Also, the opposite team will be awarded the winning points along with the bonus point.
Note : In matter of doubts/issues/queries not covered by the tournament rules, the decision of the Organizing committee present on the ground will be final and binding upon all concerned as per the standard rule.Sportobuddy reserves the rights to all decisions pertaining to any issues/concerns raised during and after the tournament.